Watch a video tutorial on how to properly prepare and administer once-monthly CABENUVA—the first and only long-acting complete regimen for the treatment of virologically suppressed adults with HIV-1.1 Review preparation steps—including storage requirements and vial/syringe preparation—along with detailed information on administering initiation and continuation injections.
Injection education video
- Refer to the Instructions for Use for complete administration instructions with illustrations.
- CABENUVA must be administered by a healthcare professional.
- A complete dose requires 2 injections: one injection of cabotegravir and one injection of rilpivirine.
- Cabotegravir and rilpivirine are suspensions for gluteal intramuscular injection that do not need further dilution or reconstitution.
- Administer each injection at separate gluteal injection sites (on opposite sides or 2 cm apart) during the same visit.
- The ventrogluteal site is recommended.
- CABENUVA [package insert]. Research Triangle Park, NC: ViiV Healthcare; 2021.