Talking to Your Patients About CABENUVA
Which of your patients might be appropriate for CABENUVA?
When determining if CABENUVA is appropriate for your patients, two important areas to consider are:
- Virologically suppressed adult with HIV-1*
- On a stable antiretroviral regimen with no history of treatment failure
- No known or suspected resistance to either cabotegravir or rilpivirine
- No contraindications
- No previous hypersensitivity to cabotegravir or rilpivirine
- No coadministration with drugs where significant decreases in cabotegravir and/or rilpivirine plasma concentrations may occur, which may result in loss of virologic response
- Consider potential drug-drug interactions
- Able to adhere to and agree to required monthly appointments
- May express interest in
- Less frequent dosing
- An alternative to daily oral therapy
*HIV-1 RNA <50 copies/mL.1
This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional judgement.
- CABENUVA [package insert]. Research Triangle Park, NC: ViiV Healthcare; 2021.